The word “Impotence” has been commonly feared throughout sexually active couples for generations. Many men, mostly in their middle ages, are faced with symptoms related to impotence. These symptoms can lead to added stress, low self esteem, and strains on one’s sexual relationship with their partner, but before you run out the door to buy erection pills, it is important to understand the causes of impotence and how to combat them.
What is Impotence?
To define impotence, also referred to as erectile dysfunction (ED), is the inability of a male to get or keep an erection long enough for sexual intercourse. This is not to be confused with premature ejaculation, which is often associated with impotence, but is in reality a completely different medical condition. There are a variety of different factors that can lead to impotence such as:
- High Blood Pressure
- Cardiac Conditions
With many of the factors leading to impotence on the rise, erectile dysfunction treatment has become more common as more ED treatment options are now available. This combined with a better understanding has given males a sense of normality over a topic that was once difficult to address.
What is Causing Me to Be Impotent?
Impotence can be caused by more than one reason which is why it is important to understand the symptoms of impotence in order to find the correct ED treatment available to you. Below are a list of symptoms related to erectile dysfunction along with some common reasons as to what is causing them:
- Decrease in Sex Drive: There can be many sources as to what is causing a decreased sex drive. Diabetes, or any other endocrine condition can be a root cause for this. Hormone levels often play a major role in a male’s sex drive. Many men often revert to ed treatment when in reality hormone replacement therapy could help solve the source of their problems.
- Inability to Get an Erection: When someone is experiencing trouble getting an erection despite the desire to have sex, it is often due to a lack of blood flow. One of the most common causes for loss of blood flow can be prescription medication. Types of medications known to cause impotence include alpha-adrenergic blockers, chemotherapy medications, depressants, codeine, stimulants, and inhibitors. It is important to consult with a doctor on any medication you are taking if you are experiencing erectile dysfunction or symptoms related to impotence.
- Inability to Keep an Erection Throughout Sex: Even if you have the ability to gain an erection, many men experience a decline in firmness throughout intercourse. There is not one root cause that can lead to this symptom, but common causes of this can be anxiety, depression, or cardiac related conditions. Anxiety can lead to a lack of focus often causing your body to invoke reversed desire. Depression often can cause fatigue, which lowers your overall sexual drive leading to an inability to maintain an erection. A cardiac condition can affect blood flow. These are just three causes as to why you may be having problems maintaining an erection throughout sex. Alcohol is another major lifestyle factor that can decrease your sexual performance.
Treatments for Impotence
Today, there are many ED medications and treatments that can help boost your sexual ability and provide you the confidence to perform. Erectile dysfunction treatment options include:
- Tadalfill (Commonly known as Cialis)
- Sidenafil (Commonly known as Viagra)
- The Priapus Shot
- Ginseng (Natural Treatment Option)
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Smart Wave Therapy